Pages

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

~Time to Change~

"This is the beginning of a new day. You have been given this day to use as you will. You can waste it or use it for good. What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it. When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever; in its place is something that you have left behind...let it be something good."
~Author Unknown

This is a quote that really got to me.  You see...I waste A LOT of time!  Actually I pretty much waste DAYS at a time!!  I know that is horrible. Isn't the first step to recovery admitting you have a problem??  

So today I am making a promise.  A promise to myself to stop wasting time. Start using every day for something good. So where am I going to start?

Well first of all, I am going to start by getting off the couch and I am going to turn off the computer, and the TV. I am going to turn on the music and do some deep cleaning around the house. And just so you know I am actually doing what I say I'm going to...I am going to post pictures along the way! 

More importantly though. I am making a promise to lose weight!  I am ashamed to say that I can't actually say that I have "baby" weight to lose.  I actually LOST 20 pounds through-out my pregnancy.  (in a healthy way...my son apparently didn't like junk food and loved healthy stuff) So all this weight that I gained is pretty much because I eat too much and I don't exercise.  I don't really do many activities at all. All this is about to change though! And you all have a front row seat to my transformation.  Body & Mind! Each week I am going to have an activity check in post. Talk about what I did for activities and the cardio and other exercises I did.  

So, without further ado, I am going to go do some spring cleaning....and then bring my son for a nice long walk. Here is my "before" pic.

"Before" Pic of me (with my adorable niece)



5 comments:

Unknown said...

Visiting via the UBP11! Oh, I'm right there w/ya on the...ahem...baby weight. Ugh. So hard! But we CAN do it!

Lisa @All That and a Box of Rocks

IncidentalDomestic said...

Just want to say good luck with your weight loss! A lot of times when we get so focused on our little ones, we forget about ourselves. I'm actually in the midst of attempting to lose the 78 pounds I gained with my first child (even though I've been heavy with all three, I like to say it's from #1 because it allows me to blame shift to something from 10 years ago :D :D :D ) and an additional 30 pounds for good measure -- or smaller measurements, anyway.

We've decided not to have any more kiddos, and my youngest is going to be 2-years-old in May, so I think I'm really serious this time. Maybe. Hopefully.

Something that has helped me a quite a bit is MyFitnessPal.com -- it's a free site where you can track your measurements and do a food diary. I find when I actually remember to use the food diary, I am way more successful. Well, 30 lbs down, 80 to go!!

-- Congrats on passing your CNA exam, by the way!! :D

-Jennifer P.

:)

MommyMandi said...

I love your blog and I look forward to seeing your transformation! Good luck!

Lexie Lane said...

What a great quote! Definitely inspiring! Will definitely be following to see your progress.

Thanks for sharing!

Lexie Lane
www.voiceboks.com

P.S. When you get a chance, please check out our Community sections along with other moms!

Cherie said...

Good luck! I can't wait to see your transform! I'm currently trying to make myself work out, I've been eating healthier...but then I have my 'fat day' & eat TONS of junk. I have 70lbs to lose to get back to my wedding weight.

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I am your newest follower (sorry it took me so long).

http://journeythroughmommyhood.blogspot.com